If you want to obtain a bright and white smile, teeth whitening may be just what you are looking for. Not only is teeth whitening effect, but it can also considerably change your smile and improve your self-esteem.
The ingredient that actually bleaches (whitens) enamel is called peroxide and is present in most teeth whitening products.
The strength of the whitening treatment typically depends on the strength of the peroxide contained in the whitening product. The current percentages of peroxide in teeth whitening products vary between 10% and 25%.
At Sharp Dentistry & Associates we currently use Zoom! ® System, in which we obtain excellent results.
Your dentist is the professional to determine whether your teeth and gums are healthy enough to go through a whitening process, and if so, a teeth whitening method can be chosen.
Teeth Whitening Options:
- In-Office Whitening: In-office teeth whitening offer excellent results. This procedure is performed in the dental office and can be done in one appointment only, usually in a little over an hour.
- At-home Whitening: Used with custom-made trays and bleaching gel, this option is very effective, but the desired results may take longer to be achieved than with in-office whitening. Depending on the strength of peroxide in the gel, these clear trays are usually worn a couple of hours a day or overnight and could take anywhere from 3 days to 10 days before any results are noticed. There is also over the counter whitening strips.
Teeth whitening kits from the dentist produce faster and more effective results because they contain a stronger peroxide-bleaching agent than whitening strips purchased over the counter. Another benefit of trays and gels from the dentist is that the trays are custom made and fit your teeth exactly. Over-the-counter trays are generic sized and could allow the bleaching agent to come into contact with your gums, usually causing irritation.
- Teeth Whitening Toothpastes: Some toothpaste has mild abrasives that help in whitening teeth. Dr. Sharp Natural Oral Care line of products includes a whitening toothpaste. The Fresh Mint with Green Tea toothpaste offers the best of both by combining natural mint flavors and green tea extracts providing an appealing aroma and pleasant flavor.
- Dr. Sharp Natural Oral tooth whitening toothpaste contains:
- -Contains Xylitol, Green Tea and other natural extracts with soothing properties.
– Help whiten teeth when brushing regularly
– Helps promote healthy teeth and gums
– Refreshes breath
– No colors added
– Natural flavor
If you need an evaluation by Dr. Sharp and/or Dr. Ravazzi, please call for an appointment at (305) 857-0990. If you need more information about teeth whitening, visit www.ada.org
For more information about Dr. Sharp Oral Care Products visit: www.drsharpcare.com
For more information about Dr. Sharp and Associates office visit our website.
Source: American Dental Association: www.ada.org